Nutrition Counseling by a Registered Dietitian
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a regulated health professional that has undergone comprehensive and rigorous training in order to translate the complexity of nutritional science into realistic and achievable recommendations for individuals, families, and the community. Dietitians are passionate about food and its potential to enhance lives and improve health.
Dietitians employ the nutrition care process, which includes nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and monitoring/evaluation, to deliver high-quality, nutritional care.
Nutrition conditions treated by our Registered Dietitian
• Vegan and vegetarian nutrition through the life cycle (pregnancy, infancy, childhood, adulthood, athletes)
• Chronic disease prevention and management (heart disease, diabetes, hypertension)
• Eating disorder recovery and disordered eating
• Gastrointestinal health (irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, acid reflux, diverticular disease)
• Sustainable weight loss and bariatric surgery preparation/follow-up